Linggo, Nobyembre 5, 2017

Short Story

I woke up early today with a smile plastered on my face. Today is when we’re going to have a vacation, a trip we don’t usually do, but I get the idea of spending It, anyways, since I don’t have anything to do. I do eventually have the slightest idea of making it purposeful, the least.
I made my way down to the kitchen after taking a cold shower. Smelling the taste of pancakes makes me even crave for it and devour it, like it’s the tastiest food I’ve ever eaten. Gezz….. it just shows how hungry I am right now.
“Good morning mom”. I greeted my mom as I am approaching the kitchen counter. She eventually serve my food then. I really love the thought that mom cooked our food. I can’t argue with that as her cooking skills speaks for itself.
“Morning too son, your early today?” Mom said as she went back to make another set of pancakes.
“Yeah, just excited I guess”. It would be ridiculous to deny when in fact it really shows off. Mom just nod and walk towards me to join me with breakfast.
“Im so glad seeing you this happy son. Your smile, your morning greetings, I and you eating together in breakfast”.
I just give mon a reassuring smile and continued with our food. Im just happy that mom is with me all this time. Keeping me and making things easy for me. I can't help but cringe, but then i just I slip off my mind.

The ride wa really slow and boring. I just hope that the place can pull away this shit.

I was then glad that the scenery was not that bad, well in the fact its not what really expected. After checking my room and put all mu stuff in order, I made mu way down to wander around the place since I think its cool and I do feel comfortable at the place even though its my first time here. The beach is perfectly set with the hot rays of the proud sun. I just simply put my shades in and went to ang pro.
I looked aboved
The clouds. My mind was completely hollowed as I gazed at it. I stretched my hands towards the clouds, hoping to reach it. The cold wind brushed my face and a sad thought came up to me.
I'm lost. I'm no one.
I just shrugged the thought ang found myself standing in these ploteau. The cool breeze whispered. Mountains were just a distance. A scent of sea, green grass and fresher air wo're all around.
So serene, yet wild. I thought. The ocean is so calm, so peaceful at the sight. It can drag a person to enjoy its blue water, treasure its pebbles ang make little memories with it. Yet it tries its best to hide its ugly nature. Its beautiful but dangerous, it can come and eat you alive.
How fancy.
You have a really good night sleep because you woke up late from the late night swim you had. You headed to the terrace where you can see your mother drinking her coffee.
"Zee, your here" your mom says as sire commands you to come ang sit with her.
"Oh thats great mom, seems like we're having some company.
I dont really mind having some people around as long as were both enjoying our stay.
Pretty coincrdence, as what I can recall they call it, as I spotted a recognizable face my mind don't recognize it but somewhere within me tells me 'I know this girl' thing
"Hi".
I didn't hesitate to approach her and luckily and she eventually turn and have this shack expression all over her face. We locked our eyes and she got this mesmerizing hazzelnut eyes but its full of sadness I guess?
She seemed out of her tought sa I snap a finger in her face that made her back to reality.
"Hey you okay? You seemed lost in your thoughts? Come, I'll walk you there". Instead she ignores my hand and avoids any eye contact with me.
"I-im o-okay, Im just shacked by your pr-presence. Thats all...." I smile at the thought of her stuttering. Its cute. I immediately apologize but she quickly ran as fast as she coild and Ibcan see her lost in my sight. I sighed. I don't know but for as long as he can remember, he didn't do anything stupid. Maybe she's paranoid or something. But, he thinks she's not and those eyes are like somewhat close yo his heart.
Mo and I went to this dinner she said because we're having dinner with whoever that friend of hers. I dress neatly suited for this kind of event hoping there will be someone about my age I can talk to. And if possible, I dont want to be struck in an adult conversation, that would be boring there must be something interesting, he thought white a little smirk form in his lips.

Fate it maybe, but here he goes stting next to the running like princess he met earlier that day he cant help himself but to take glances at her for her etherial beauty. She's really quite, the entire dinner. He even noticed that shes not even movibg a single food in her plate rather than playing it with her fork. Then, she suddenly made an excuse for herself to go to the bathroom. And of cours, I follow her, finding her outside in the garden.
He saw me approaching to her and she let her sight out of me.
"Can I sit?" I ask her and she nods. A long silence come between us. Not really knowing what lies ahead on me, on us.
SAM'S POV
I make a long groan of discontent which made my parents turn to me. Had it really only been a few hours that I looked out on the busy streets on the city? It seemed impossible to go from one places to anothrr in just a small amount of time. But here shwe was, standing in front of their vacation hotel.
"I shouldn't be in here." I said nonchalantly
"Trust me dear, at the end of this trip you will thanks us." Dad replied with a smile in his face.
I just give them a little smile and have a lock at the place. The house was quite and cool in the mid-morning hush. The sun was a flash of light. Its its probably a nice place to unwind and take a break from life. Now it just remind me of someone loving silence and it just makes me sad.
I know the fact that my parents were helping me to ease my pain I've been like this for a year now since the day I lost my best friend
"Come on Sam, let's go inside" my mom said as she noticed the sadness in my face. I just nod and walk towards them. The morning sun was so hot so I decided to take a nap first since I'm tired from our travel. Maybe i'll have a lock qt the scenery of this place later.
It was just a past midnight when Sam made her way down to the beach again. She didn't find anything fancy that day and spend it anyways in the four corners of her room, watched TV but drove to sleep. And here she woke up in the middle of the night, seeing it as an excuse to walk out into the warm summer night.
The moon was sliced in half but held a white, gleaming brightness cypresses with flanked the steps down to the beach were silvered with it. The scent of blossoms, hit and purgent during the day seemed more mysterios, more exotic, by moonlight.
From somewhere somewhere in the distance, she can someone in the beach. A late night swim she thought, and smiled. It would be quite an adventure feeling the coolness of the midnight water.
Through the thought of adventure appealed to her, she kept her eyes laid on the midnight swimmer. A man. He swam lazily, giving strokes just enough power to keep himself afloat.
Maybe he is really into the water. Well who can't? There were stars glistening on the water, and silence. Such silence.
I cant help but brong good memories. It'd always been like this whenever I get myself in tranquility. It just feels so good. Memories. Our shared memories. Its my way to get stay connected with the person I truly cherish. Only in them I imagine the good times we have shared. And I court help myself as I recall the moment we meet.
[FLASHBACK]
Mrs. Llorente entered the classroom, and the kids stumbled to their respectable seats, smiling innocently as Mrs. Llorente smiled at them.
"Good morning kids." she greeted brightly, and the kids chorused a good morning teacher!
"Today we have an transferee."
Once the teachee blurted those words, the room burst into chaos.
"Is it a boy?"
"Is pretty?"
"Is he nice?"
Mrs. Llorente turned to the door. "Come in. Come on., don't be shy." She said kindly.
Everyone turned to the door eagerly, craning their necks, and then a boy entered.
Girls squeled and the boys gaped as the transferee stood in front. For a pre-schooler, he is quite handsome, and Mrs. Llorente can tell that the boy will be a heart stealer.
"Can you tell your name to your classmates? Mrs. Llorente said softly.
"Hi.... I'm Zion Zamora."
My jaw dropped, starring wide eyed.
"Okay Zion, you may now sit beside Sam, there at back." Mrs. Llorente said smiling.
Zion nodded and mumbled a quite. "thank you" before he walked ovee, his classmates still watching him aa he sat beside Sam.
I looked at Zion wide eyed and I think he really is handsome.
"Sam your face is red." One of my classmate said.
"I think Sam has a crush on Zion." And a loud squeal is heard around the room.
I look at Zion with a big smile and it grow wider when i saw his eyes twinkled like stars. Days pass by and I found myself comfortable in the presence of Zion. Since then we became friends and a super friends.

             I smile at the memory and help myself to not tear up. I always get emotional at the thought of him. He really did have this special effect on me.
             I snap back to reality when I saw the man getting out of the water. I hurriedly hid myself from the near bushes.  As the man approaches, I can see that his just as young as me, perhaps. He turn around to pick up his clothes and slid his shirt on. One hand were on his pocket. He glanced at my direction as I can't believe on who I was. He talks away from the beach now, I left dumb founded. I was certainly sure and I can't possibly be mistaken.
             It's him.
             I have a long night I barely sleep at the thought that his right there capable on my reach. I was such an idiot. But deep inside me, something hinders me from head with the thought of him.
              I went out of my room to have breakfast outside. I purposely did so in order to divert my attention to something ar anything just to clear up my mind that is full of him.
             As soon as I finished my breakfast, I decided to head back in my room. All of a sudden someone approaches me from behind, I hesitantly turn then regreted as I see him. I froze for a moment. I couldn't believe my eyes as I am standing next to him. A sudden outburst of concern is shown all over his face. Then he touches me that send shivers all over my body.
              "Miss"
              That the only word that keeps repeating on my mind right now. I practically don't know what to do and the next thing I know is that I'm running away from him as fas as I can go. I end up in the seashore bursting to tears. This is the actual reason why I don't want to face him. Reality sucks. It's like your being stab in the chest endlessly. The pain is killing me. It hurt's. I'm really a total stranger to him I just can't accept it but it's the fact. The fact that I'm no one in his life.
(FLASHBACK)
                "Running! Running!" You woke up at the sound of your alarm.
                 "Oh my God I'm late" You cannot be late because your parents will be nagging at you when will make you even late for school.
                  I take a quick shower and run my way down to the kitchen to take my lunch box and bag. As expected, my parents came nagging at me for a good 10 minutes. I bid goodbye and turn my way to school as it's just nearby on our house.
                   "Sammie"
                   That's Zion Zamora. My bestfriend since we were young. He took care of me like a sister and his always at my side even in the hardest days of my life. I really owe him a lot
        "Hey there, Zee " I said with my all out smile.
        "Let me guess, you had a good nag by your parents, didn't you?" He said teasingly
                    "Geez.....what's new."
        "Ah right, that would be impossible not to nag you"
                    I rolled my eyes then he pats my head like a child. I smiled at his little sweet comforting gesture towards me as we both headed to the school happily.
        "Hey Sam?" he called out.
         "hmmmm?"
         "Let's
         "Okay, sure" I said casually. We casually use to hang out at that shop. The delicious they serve were just irresistable.
         "Just wait for me there, I'll be a little late, see you Sammie!"
         He waves at me and proceed to his class.
                    To be honest, a lot of my classmate get jealous that I have him as a best friend and not a boyfriend. Actually, I never thought of him more than a friend but I supposed I would'nt mind either if he was my boyfriend. He's nice, handsome, plus he is such sa boyfriend material. Every girls dream man you can say. But I don't know why, I'm not complaining that I don't like Zion cause he is sweet. I love that fact about him but I just don't want to ruin our friendship.
                  7:15 pm
                  I'm twoo hours waiting got my bestfriend to come. He said that he will be a little late but two hours is enough. He's never been late before I fully drink tne glass of water in the table as I never ordered anything to eat yet.  My hand seemed so reckless as I slip the glass out of my hand and collide agains't the floor. My heart skip a beat upon hearing it clash and seeing the broken pieces scattered around the floor. Then my phone rings.
           "Hello?" I manage to say
           "Sam" a worried tone in her vioce
           "Yes mom?"
            "Where are you?"
            "I'm at the sweey sho mom, I supposedly have this hangout thing with Zion but he's was not".
                "Darling" she said sobbing
             "Wait mom are you crying?"
             "Daring Zion is...."
             "Why what happened mom?" afraid of what might she say
             "His on the Hospital right now, he had a car accident".
              With that I rushed to go to the hospital. Not minding the tears that keep rolling down my cheecks. People who sees me would think that I'm not on my mind  I don't know what to feel  My heart is beating so fast that I think anytime soon it will explode.
END OF FLASHBACK
Present Time [Garden]
              Now that I'm with him I want to tell a lot of stories. But nothing is come over my mouth I can see that he's perfectly fine now. Possidly moved on with his life.
              "Can I sit?" I nod and then theres an awkward silence.
               "well"
               "I' m Sorry" I bluzed.
               "For what?" He ask.
               "From earlier. From running away from you "
               "Nah, it's okay." Saying with a big smile plastered all out over his face
I look at him and sailed back.
              "Maybe I can get to know youe name?"
              "Sam. Samantha Zyne Perez. "
              "Well nice to meet you Sam. I'm Zion. Zion Zamora" He said while looking at me intently.
              "But you can call me Zee" He added
              "I know."
             With those last words I caught his attention.
              "You possibly don't know me but I knew you more than anyone else. Everything in your life Everything..."
              "I...... don't know what to say"
             "It's okay Zee if you don't wan't let you out of my sight again. I won't lose you again.
Zion POV
               I can't believe it. I'm still in awe whit what she just said. This girl knows me. I smiled I think it's the reason why I feel comfortable around her. The feeling of home and bellongness.
               " Ahh I never see this coming. "
               I look at her  She's something. I think she's not just someone I knew from the past. Even though we just met a couple of times, she makes my heart beats fast  I make my move and stood beside her looking up the night sky, both hands thightly gripping my pockets.
               "You know what. Whatever happened in the past is something I want to avoid I'm afraid  to know my past life. Afraid to know the bad things I did or worse the bad in me. That incident stole everything from me. Even a slightest memory is gone. Even a slightest memory is gone I can't remember anything"
                I paused and look at her, heads down even if she won't look at me I know she's sad upon hearing those words of mine.
                "Even though it happened, I try to be tough for my mom and for myself. I continue my life. Start a new, befriend someone, and live the life I wanted it to be. But it didn't stop me from wondering who I am. All this time I feel lost and empty.
I feel incomplete"
               This time I can see my peripheral vision that she's looking at me.
                "But you know what I came to realize, what if there's a lot of good times, good memories and what if I had an unfinished busines. " I said with a chuckle.
 "I think there would be a lot to know."
I turn to her and our eyes meet
"I can help you if you'll let me. Slowly I help you bring those small pieces back. "
She said not breaking our eyes contact
I walk in front of her
"I think we'll start with the basics" I extend my right hand to her.
" Hi I'm Zion Zamora. "
I saw her face lit up and extend her hand to meet mine.
" I'm Samantha Zyne Perez . Nice to meet you zion. "
Right this moment I know everything will be okay .
At some point I realize that.
" People come and go . It's just matter of heart over mind .
Some people are just meant to stay i  your heart.


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento